THE ALLTEL HUE


It works. Not only that, but it works well. The menus load quickly, the buttons are responsive and large enough for ease of use, and the phone's 1.3 megapixel camera's photo and video quality is impressive (as long as you're taking into consideration that this is a camera phone, not an actual digital camera). It's got just enough bells and whistles for the average user. A true gadget geek might not be satisfied with all the Hue has to offer, but for us mediocre (or just plain poor) gadget geeks it's just enough.

Oh, and did I mention it's an mp3 player, too? It's got a mini-SD slot for expandable memory so you can load up a bunch of songs. My only beef about that feature is that you can't use mp3s as ringtones. They're just trying to suck more money out of you by forcing you to buy ringtones. Which, let me tell you, you will need a new ringtone because the ones supplied suck and Alltel will suck money from you for downloading them.

The battery life is okay. It's not the greatest, but it charges fast enough that it's usually not a concern. Just make sure you plug it in every day or two otherwise you'll find yourself running on empty.

Call Quality

No complaints here! The sound quality is clear and the volume can be turned up loud enough to be audible in most situations. Even while I ride on a crowded bus filled with loud chatter and babies crying, my phone call to my mom comes through loud and clear.

Durability

This is an important factor. It's what turned me away from the Moto RAZR; I'd heard so many horror stories about how those phones fall apart or break that I wouldn't even consider it. My Hue has, unfortunately, suffered a great deal of abuse over these past couple months. It's hit the pavement, fallen out of my purse, and even took a dip in the toilet. Yes, it was fully submerged in the toilet (don't even ask how I managed this) and it came out working perfectly. That's one sturdy phone!

Stylishness

I'm not going to lie - this phone's hot. I have yet to purchase the pink faceplate, but after writing this review I'll probably scour eBay for one. When I purchased mine shortly after it was released, they only came with red and dark blue faceplates. Perhaps it's changed now, but you can buy additional colors in packs of three. I don't want the other colors, so I'm going to stick with finding a pink one on eBay. It's also very thin and sleek. You won't feel like you've got something real bulky in your pocket. The outer screen can also be set to display in a variety of colors. I personally like the purple - it just looks the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

for orders servera26@yahoo.com

for orders servera26@yahoo.com